Upcoming Holiday Breaks
LaVida Studio observes the following holidays, in which there are NO CLASSES
August Break AUG 27 - SEPT 4, 2023
Thanksgiving Break NOV 23 - 26, 2023
Winter Break DEC 18 - JAN 1, 2024
Memorial Break MAY 25 - 27, 2024
July Break JULY 1 - 6, 2024
August Break AUG 26 - SEPT 2, 2024
At LaVida when you register for a dance class you become an official member of our dance studio - part of our dance family!
Your enrollment in our dance studio is ongoing, and your membership will not expire until you withdraw. Our classes run all year long, so you will always have a place to dance.
* All members must pay a one time registration fee of $60. Receive discounts for families. ($85 per family). Never pay again as long as you remain enrolled. Membership prices increase annually according to the Consumer Price Index in Seattle on July 1st to offset inflation.
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY OPEN
Siblings receive a 10% monthly membership discount and $25 off the registration fee. Third and more siblings receive free registration.
Me & My Hero, Twinkle Stars Dance™, Acro, Ballet, Jazz, HipHop, Ballroom, Breakdance Membership
Number of classes enrolled:
* We recommend 2 classes per week for ages 3–4; 2–3 classes per week for ages 5–9; 3–5 classes per week for ages 10+
- 1 class per week = $86 per month
- 2 classes per week = $163 per month
- 3 classes per week = $239 per month
- 4 classes per week = $319 per month
- 5 classes per week = $399 per month
- 6 classes per week = $479 per month
90-min Combo Classes. Combo classes are two 45-min classes that are taken back to back on the same day:
- 1 combo class per week = $149 per month
- 2 combo classes per week = $284 per month
- classes with our incredible teaching team!
- free dance bag with full uniform purchase
- free make-up classes for illness or vacation
- free parents demonstration days
- free one month payment suspension per 12-month period
- an opportunity to participate in performances and productions on a theater stage
- discounted siblings membership and registration fee
- discounted classes for multiple classes per week
- discounted summer camps with priority registration
- discounted studio events (parents nigh-out and etc.)
- an incredible, supportive community!
Adult Dance Teams Monthly Membership:
Bacheetahs - Bachata Ladies Team (1.5 hrs per week) = $149 per month
Ladies of LaVida Performance Team
One Style (1.5 hrs per week) = $149 | Two Styles (3 hrs per week)= $284
Charter a Private Group Class (any age, any style)
10–12 dancers = $120 per dancer/ month (4 classes)
6–9 dancers = $140 per dancer/ month (4 classes)
3–5 dancers = $160 per dancer/ month (4 classes)
Registration Fee of $60 (non-refundable) per child or $85 per family must be paid before the 1st class.
LaVida Dance Studio enrollment is ongoing, and your membership will not expire until you withdraw. Each class receives a minimum of 44 lessons per year (taking into account holidays and studio closures). The fee for 44 lessons has been split into 12 equal monthly payments, so whether a month has 2 lessons or 5 you still pay the same amount. Due to the yearly calendar, some classes may end up with one or two lessons above and beyond the 44 guaranteed lessons, which you are not charged for. Monthly membership is automatically charged to your credit or debit card on the first of each month until you email us to stop. ANYONE PARTICIPATING IN THE ANNUAL SHOWS MUST BE A MEMBER AND CURRENTLY ENROLLED.
Automatic Monthly Payment - your MasterCard, Visa, Discover or Debit card will automatically be charged on the 1st of each month.
Enrollment to number of classes per week may change, and the membership will be adjusted accordingly.
All dancers are required to purchase a Uniform with LaVida logo from the studio. These uniforms are to be worn to classes and are used for the Winter Showcase performances on stage. A member of our wonderful staff will be available at the front desk to fit the correct uniform your child needs. We allow for one class without uniform, if your child does not have a uniform for the second class they will have to sit out of the class and tuition will not be prorated. *Exception, if you have ordered the uniform from the front desk and waiting for a specific size to arrive.
In the event that dancers enter the dance floor in street shoes, they will be asked to remove them and dance barefoot. Please, help us keep our dance floor high quality.
NOT ALLOWED: street shoes, jeans, clothing that exposes "cheeks" or has profanity or suggestive slogans.
If you have more questions, please see FAQ.
Withdrawal and Refund/Return Policy
Membership and Registration fees are Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable. Notification to withdraw from class must be received in writing by LaVida Studio via email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the previous month. For example, if you would like to cancel your membership by August, please write us an email by July 15th stating your wish to un-enroll. NO EXCEPTIONS. Stopping to attend classes does not mean automatic withdrawal. We will keep your spot in the class and membership until you request the withdrawal in writing.
LaVida Studio will not have classes during the holiday breaks listed above. The total value of these breaks have been considered and reflected in the final price of monthly membership amount. There are no additional refunds or credits for missed dance days due to holidays.
LaVida Studio follows Lake Washington School District for any emergency/weather related closing.
All students love performing and join their dance friends to show the fruits of their work. We have multiple performance opportunities throughout the dance season, including the major two on stage:
- Winter Showcase in January/February and
- Annual Show Production (ages 6 and up) or Recital (ages under 6) in May/June.
We expect all students to participate in each on stage performance, so they are registered when they are enrolled into a class. However, it is optional, and you are able to opt-out of either performance via the Opt-out Form sent to your email.
The Performance Registration for participation in both on stage performances is $300 total per dancer - split into two $150 installments and automatically charged to the credit or debit card on file on November 15th and January 15th. The Performance Registration includes:
- Showcase holiday attire accessories for all classes enrolled
- 1st Annual Show costume & dance accessories ($80 per each additional class)
- Annual Show rehearsals
- Professional videos from both of the on stage performances
- Professional digital photos from both of the on stage performances
- Professional digital photos in costumes from annual Picture Week
- Collectable medal.
The participation in both performances is expected, highly encouraged and optional. Studies show that students who have an annual goal have a higher focus and commitment rate to learning. This in turn teaches dancers resilience as well as to celebrate their work, sharing with family and friends.
If you opt-out from participating in one stage performance, the Performance Registration for the second performance will be auto-charged according to the following:
February 4th - Winter Showcase Only
- $150 Performance Registration per dancer
- Includes: Showcase holiday attire accessories, videos and photos of the on stage performances, class photos in uniform from Picture Week and 1 registration payment for all classes enrolled in.
- Opt-out Deadline: November 10th
- Performance Registration automatic payment: November 15th
June 16th - Annual Recital / Annual Production Show Only
- $200 Performance Registration per dancer
- Includes: 1st costume & dance accessories, Show rehearsals, videos and photos from on stage performances, photos in costume from Picture Week, and collectable medal.
- $80 per each additional class for costumes/accessories and additional class photo from Picture Week.
- Opt-out Deadline: January 10th
- Performance Registration automatic payment: January 15th
Inclement Weather and Unforeseen Circumstances
In case of inclement weather, we operate on the Lake Washington School District policy. If Lake Washington Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the studio will be closed as well, unless we inform otherwise.
If the studio needs to be closed due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, we will do our best to schedule a make up class if your class allotment falls below the 44 guaranteed lessons per 12-month season. In addition, we include one free open make-up week the third week of June to cover for any closures and cancellations.
Students may also attend an appropriate class at their convenience in order to make up for class missed due to closure. Make-ups are available until May 1st and after Annual Show/Recital, due to annual show rehearsals. We do not refund or pro-rate membership due to inclement weather closings.
At any circumstances when the studio's physical location is ordered to be closed due to federal, state, county or city mandate all classes will be moved online for live-stream, and a zoom link will be sent to each class. Any changes to membership and enrollment will follow the same policy with no exceptions.
We understand that our students will have times when they are out of town, sick, or busy with a previous arrangement and as such our members can sign up for free make-up classes.
In addition, we include one make-up week at the end of June (usually the 3rd week) in our schedule to give an additional opportunity to make-up any missed or canceled classes.
- Make-ups are only allowed for students who are currently members. Anyone who has un-enrolled will not be able to make-up. There are no credits, refunds or deductions for classes missed.
- a student may attend a different style class within their age range at their convenience
- make-ups must be used within 2 months of absent date
- classes have a maximum capacity. As such, only classes that are within the child's age or younger and are not full are eligible to be used for a make-up.
- make-ups can not be scheduled for classes ages 6 and up, within a month prior to Annual Show Production due to rehearsals.
We allow one month auto-pay suspension within the 12-month period. Your membership is paused and your dancer’s spot in class is saved. No attendance or make-ups are allowed during the suspended month. No suspension is allowed during the recital/show months.
Request for suspension must be sent via email by the 15th of the month prior at email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation. Please, let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
We are so happy to welcome you into the LaVida Family!